Repositioned for the future
Markus Krauss, who has held a senior managerial role at Thomas since 2003, will become Chief Executive Officer of the company effective from January 1, 2018. Dietrich Thomas, who directed the company from 1982 as the second-generation CEO, will move to the Advisory Board as of January 1, 2018, and offer his support to the new CEO as a coach during the first year of his appointment. As from 2019, Dietrich Thomas will take up the role of Chairman of the Advisory Board.
His son Christoph Thomas will be appointed to the Managing Board effective from January 1, 2018, thus advancing from his successful role as Head of Transmissions Management. Therefore, Thomas will retain its character as a family-run business. Jürgen Heck, formerly Head of Engine Management and Chassis, the largest business unit at Thomas in terms of revenue and headcount, will become the third member of the Managing Board. As a telecommunications engineer and the long-standing CTO of a pioneering automotive supplier of electronic modules, he brings valuable skills to the Board when it comes to the company's strategic realignment under the "sense – think – act" program.
Both the management reshuffle and the expansion of the Managing Board are to be seen against the backdrop of company growth and dynamic market developments. At the same time, they pave the way for the richly deserved retirement of Dietrich Thomas, which had been planned well in advance. Building on its demonstrable expertise, the solidity of a family-run business, wide-ranging opportunities created also by experience from other industries, and an agile, market-driven organizational structure, Thomas is confident that it is well positioned for the future.
Born 1966, Dipl.-Ing. Nachrichtentechnik (degree in Telecommunications Engineering)
- Long-standing CTO at various companies, including a technology-focused electronics enterprise within the automotive industry
- Since 2014, Head of Engine Management and Chassis at Thomas
- In future, responsible for Automobile business unit as well as Supply Chain Management & Operations, Technology, Actuators, Electronics, and Plastics Technology; also accountable for Automotive Business Development in the Chinese and US markets
Born 1967, degrees in Mechanical Engineering (Dipl.-Ing.) and Business Administration (Dipl.-Kfm.)
- Joined Bosch as a trainee and held the position of project manager, followed by consultancy roles at international companies, including enterprises in the US and France
- Member of the Managing Board at Thomas since 2003, most recently with responsibility for company-wide operations
- CEO with responsibility for Strategy, Finance, IT, Business Process and Quality Management; also accountable for Mobile Hydraulics business unit
Born 1984, Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur (combined degree in Engineering and Business Administration)
- Several years working as a Development Project Manager for a major automotive supplier
- Since 2014, Head of Transmission Management at Thomas; prior to this
- In future, member of Managing Board responsible for the strategic development of the company's automotive business (New Business) and for the rapidly expanding areas of Mobile Hydraulics and Medical Device Engineering